Thursday 27 October 2011

Prevention of poverty and homelessness: purpose of my blog

Hi, my name is Kylie, and I chose poverty and homelessness in my home city of Saskatoon for my blogging topic throughout the year. I think to have shelter and family is one of the most important things in life and for people not to have it is horrible.
I already know some things about it but want to learn more. My eventual goal is to try and figure out how I/we can change this and prevent it, because we are all effected by it.
As I learn I will communicate what I learn by writing, multi-media, podcasts and video!
I will be doing alot of thinking on this topic. Mostly, this will involve coming up with ways to address homelessness and poverty in Saskatoon.
Another one of my main goals is for me to relate with those homeless, hungry people, and put myself in their shoes, and ask myself a question, "What would it be like?" And hopefully by the end of the year that question will be answered.

6 comments:

  1. Kylie,

    You have some high goals for your blog. I am looking forward to your learning about Larry and you getting a feel for what it would be like to be homeless. I am also looking forward to you defining the scope of the problem in Saskatoon and beyond, not to mention your solutions!

    TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading about Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your topic i am wanting to know about Larry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie I can hardly wait to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you im working on my post about Lar y right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read it, Kylie!

    ReplyDelete